Friday, December 02, 2005

Love

The temperature falling, snow in the air, and Christmas lights blazing or at least in the thought process of being put up. It was this very night last year that my wonderful husband asked me to spend the rest of my life with him(boy, was that a hard decision to make - only took six years of procrastination on my part!!). I went over to his house to decorate the tree. He already had the lights turned down, lights on the tree, tree skirt on and tube lights under the tree skirt. On the beautiful tree skirt were many rocks(beautiful minerals that my husband collects - his pride and joy). As I am gather my ornaments that I brought over to put on the tree, Josh kept stating that I need to come and look at some of the new "rocks" (I'm thinking "sure, in a minute, I'm trying to gather my ornaments so I don't have to make another trip across the room" - lazy!!). Josh once again asks very politely to come see some NEW ROCKS he had put under the tree.
So, after about 5-10 minutes of being a butt, I finally walk over to Josh by the tree. He hands me two or three rocks in a row(I'm thinking "I'm never going to be able to guess what mineral this is, so , please don't ask"). He proceeds by handing me a ceramic rock that I just casual look at and then REALIZE it has something written on it, "Grow old with me, the best is yet to come." Josh gets down on one knee and tells me how much he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Then he pulls out thee most gourgeous ring!!! Of course, everyone knows the answer!!!
Josh - I LOVE YOU and look forward to growing old with you(I can't belive it's already been five months).

2 comments:

sarahgrace said...

How SWEET! I love to hear engagement stories- they are all so unique and beautiful. Seriously, somebody should compile a book of engagement stories. I would read it.

Rachylee said...

Sarah - I would have to agree. Engagement stories are so beautiful and definetly show peoples personalities. Sounds like a good business opportunity(compiling the book) for you to start on(with all your extra time, that is!!)